To adopt a pet from The Animal Friends Sanctuary, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a legal form of identification (drivers license or state ID).
- Be allowed to have the breed and size of pet where you currently live.
- Be able to spend time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your pet.
- Commit to giving your adopted pet time, love and patience to adjust to his or her new home.
All of our animals receive professional veterinarian care prior to adoption including but not limited to, physical examination, deworming, rabies and distemper vaccines, spaying or neutering, and all dogs are treated with Advantix flea medication and microchipped. Cats are also tested for feline leukemia disease upon entering our shelter.
Our adoption fees:
- 6months and under - $300
- 7mo - 7yrs - $250
- 7yrs and older - $150
Our Senior to Senior Program:
- You must be 65 years of age or older
- Adopt a dog over 6 yrs old, adoption fee is reduced to $100.
- Adopt a cat over 6 yrs old, adoption fee is reduced to $50.
The Adoption Process
If you are interested in any of our adoptable animals, please call or email the shelter at 724-925-2555 or email@example.com to schedule a time for a meet and greet with the animal of which you are interested. You will also need to fill out an adoption application.
Our shelter staff and adoption counselors will review your information to see if you are a good match for the pet you have selected. Please allow yourself about an hour to have the proper time to spend with an adoption counselor to discuss the responsibility of owning your specific pet and making a lifetime commitment. Please remember our number one goal and priority is finding FOREVER homes for the dogs and cats in our care and matching the right pet with the right home environment. Submitting an application does not guarantee adoption. Some pets receive multiple applications and we do our best to sort through to find the absolute best match possible.
When you fall in love with someone, and we know you will, here is the link to our adoption application.
Good luck in your search for your newest best friend and family member, and as always thank you for opting to adopt! Rescue is always the BEST breed!