To adopt a pet from The Animal Friends of Westmoreland, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a legal form of identification (drivers license or state ID).
- Be allowed to have the breed and size of pet where you currently live.
- Be able to spend time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your pet.
- Commit to giving your adopted pet time, love and patience to adjust to his or her new home.
Please note that we do not process same-day adoptions. We take pride in our process. To ensure that we are finding the best fit for the animals and for you, we do conduct reference, background, vet and landlord checks. In addition, we also require everyone living in the home to meet the animal for a meet & greet.
All of our animals receive professional veterinarian care prior to adoption including but not limited to, physical examination, deworming, rabies and distemper vaccines, spaying or neutering, and all dogs are treated with Advantix flea medication and microchipped. Cats are also tested for feline leukemia disease upon entering our shelter.
Our adoption fees:
- 6months and under - $300
- 7mo - 7yrs - $250
- 8yrs+ - $150
- Under 1 year $100
- 1 year – 6 years $75
- 7 years+ $50
- 2 Cats for $100
Our Senior to Senior Program:
- You must be 65 years of age or older
- Adopt a dog over 6 yrs old, adoption fee is reduced to $100.
- Adopt a cat over 6 yrs old, adoption fee is reduced to $50.
The Adoption Process
If you are interested in any of our adoptable animals, you can submit an application online or in person.
Applications are processed in the order that they were received. Submitting an application does not guarantee an adoption. The responsibility of owning a pet is a lifetime commitment, please consider this responsibility before submitting an application.
When you fall in love with one of our companion animals, you can click on the type of animal above to fill an adoption application.
Good luck in your search for your newest best friend and family member, and as always thank you for opting to adopt! Rescue is always the BEST breed!